[lsb-discuss] LSB F2f Meeting reminder: Dec 6-8

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Nov 21 12:03:54 PST 2005

This is the one-and-only "broadcast" version of
this notice, please pardon if you get multiple copies.

The LSB Workgroup will be having a face-to-face
working session in Oregon Dec 6-8.  While this
is not billed as a plenary (all participants)
meeting, all participants are nonetheless welcome.
This sounds like a strange distinction, but it's
not meant to be:

For a plenary meeting, the primary purpose is for
all LSB participants to be able to come together
in one place, get up to date on what's going on,
deliver suggestions for future directions, etc.
It's effectively a "status and public feedback"
meeting, and tends to be scheduled relatively
short to make attendance easy.

For a working session, the paricipants who are
actively engaged in certain projects of the
workgroup get together and work intensively on
those specific topics.  However, any other
LSB participants are still welcome to attend
if they are interested in the topics on the
table and can spend the time (typically these
are two or three day sessions).

There's a preliminary agenda and link to a
signup page on the wiki at:
http://www.linuxbase.org/LSBWiki/PortlandNotes2

At the moment, only nine people are signed up to
attend, we're hoping this number will grow.
Also interested in help filling out more details
of the agenda, I realize that it's rather sketchy
at the moment.

Hope to see many of you there!

Mats