[lsb-discuss] New Interfaces for 3.2/4.0

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Wed Aug 2 00:57:46 PDT 2006

Hi all,

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 02:29, Nick Stoughton spoke thusly:
> One of the things that is being considered in the revision process is
> the changing of optional behavior into mandatory behavior.

Do you think that this would mean we also get rid of that phrases like
"results of this operation are undefined" which are interpreted by glibc
developers as "any horrible thing can happen, preferably randomly, after some
time, and without any warning"? That would be an excellent achievement ;-)

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE CR, s.r.o.                        http://www.suse.cz
Drahobejlova 27                        +420 296 542 384
190 00 Praha 9
Czech Republic