[lsb-discuss] LSB sample implementation

Robert Schweikert Robert.Schweikert at abaqus.com
Wed Aug 2 07:36:30 PDT 2006

This one was briefly touched at the f2f in Boston. The basic premise
here is to create a build environment that assures that non LSB
interfaces are not picked up by accident.

I envision this as a rudimentary distribution which could be set up on a
machine which builds the application in question. The distribution could
be provided as an ISO. Other options could be instructions, similar to
Linux From Scratch (LFS) on howto create such a rudimentary
distribution. A third option might be a document which provides
instruction on how to turn a SUSES and/or RedHat system into such a
build environment.

I understand that FSG is not interested in creating a competing
distribution and that there are many issues surrounding such "feature".
However, I think this could be accomplished without creating a
maintenance nightmare and without stepping into the competing
distribution realm.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
(Robert.Schweikert at abaqus.com)                 LINUX