[lsb-discuss] LSB and Fortran

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Aug 2 10:41:19 PDT 2006

>> We need Fortran in the LSB and here is how I think this should work:
>
>Fortran can be added to the LSB once it fulfills all the selection
>criteria. This is tracked at,
>
> http://www.freestandards.org/futures/candidates/FORTRAN/
>
>It hasn't been updated in a while. Please send updates.

The big blocker when Fortran was looked at before was,
the only thing we could have done was based on g77,
and the people who cared enough about Fortran (yes
I know it's supposed to be all-caps) also cared enough
to tell us that that wasn't a real enough Fortran to
be of any use to them.

Indications are that with the massive updating of the
GCC Fortran piece - gfortran, F95 alignment, bundle of
cleanups, bug fixes, improvements - that this may not
be as big a barrier any more.

So we'd love to hear more about that (as we are, in fact).