[lsb-discuss] Desktop APIs

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Wed Aug 2 12:39:01 PDT 2006

I think XSETTINGS is the way to go for this. The technology is there but
concensus of the actual entries and semantics is still mostly lacking.
Also, KDE/Qt still doesn't support it last I checked. (But without
concenus it wouldn't make much sense anyway) See
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards/xsettings-spec

Please note that The Portland Group is a compiler company with no
relation  to the OSDL/Freedesktop.org Portland initative.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman