[lsb-discuss] Needed network interfaces

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Aug 2 15:10:56 PDT 2006

>We are using the following network interfaces wjich are not part of the
>LSB at this time. Any chance to get these added for 3.2?
>
>getdomainname
>inet_aton
>getservbyname_r
>gethostbyaddr_r
>gethostbyname_r

Robert added the basic note to the wiki page and I've
updated with the current database status of related
interfaces (not inet_aton though).  Looks like there's
some consistency work and commenting that should happen
here even if nothing ends up added.  As I've said a
few times recently, my ideal would be that every
interface that is *not* Included have some kind of an
explanation in the comment field.

http://www.freestandards.org/en/ProjectPlan32
(that page will probably get renamed soon but
a link to it should remain around)