[lsb-discuss] OSDL DTL Tech board on freedesktop.org specs - Thu, Aug 10

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Thu Aug 3 14:34:58 PDT 2006

People interested in freedesktop.org specifications are hereby invited
to join next week's DTL Technical Workgroup conference call on this
topic. I have attached the preliminary agenda below. If you have
suggestions for additional agenda items, please let me know and I will
update the agenda accordingly.

One of the goals for this call is to identify concrete actions that can
be taken to improve the specification process, to create more clearity
in which (parts of) specifications are supported in which products and
to provide better guidance to independent software developers.

The other goal is to identify promising specs that could benefit from
more attention. Xsettings comes to mind here, but I'm sure people have a
few other favourites as well here.

Cheers,
Waldo
---
Thursday, 10 August 2006, 07:00am to 08:00am PT
Description Weekly DTL Technical call:

Tollfree: 1-800-211-0633
Toll: 1-719-867-0485
Passcode: 942698

Agenda freedesktop.org specs

- Status update
  - Base Directory spec
  - Desktop Entry spec
  - Menu spec
  - Icon Theme spec
  - XSettings spec
  - ???
- How to improve the process

---

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman