[lsb-discuss] Questions on standardizing "IJS"

Fujinaka, Todd todd.fujinaka at intel.com
Thu Aug 3 14:44:02 PDT 2006

The answer to the "Is it in the major distros" question for IJS and opvp
is, "Yes, it's included in the version of ghostscript that's shipping
with the major distros." (For some given value of "major distros.") So
it's not quite a parallel; IJS and opvp need ghostscript at this time,
afaik. We could test the other end of IJS, but every program I can think
of (and that's just gutenprint and hpijs, really) uses ghostscript to
feed into their IJS "server".

Is there any objection to testing just a piece of ghostscript? Also, I
can't imagine ghostscript is too large for a distro, since we're talking
about printing and desktop in this iteration of LSB.