[lsb-discuss] LSB-compliant way to get number of processors?

Dallman, John jgd at ugs.com
Mon Aug 7 02:01:53 PDT 2006

> I've found two ways so far to ask Linux how many processors
> it has: get_nprocs() and sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN), but
> neither of them seem to be allowed in LSB-compliant code.

Any offers? If we can't find a way to do this, Parasolid on
Linux is going to have to cease being LSB-compliant. This is
not a prospect I welcome, but delivering what the customer
are actually asking for has to take priority over things
they aren't bothered about.

--
John Dallman, Parasolid Porting Engineer, +44-1223-371554