[lsb-discuss] Agreement on directory structure for printing

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Mon Aug 7 08:24:14 PDT 2006

Given these directories:
	/usr/share/ppd/<supplier>/<manufacturer>/
	/usr/lib/printdriver/<supplier>
Is there any particular reason for using
	/usr/local/print/ppd/<supplier>/<manufacturer>
	/usr/local/print/driver/<supplier>
Instead of
	/usr/local/share/ppd/<supplier>/<manufacturer>
	/usr/local/lib/printdriver/<supplier>
??

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman