[lsb-discuss] LSB-compliant way to get number of processors?

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon Aug 7 15:49:33 PDT 2006

Nick Stoughton writes...

[list deleted]
> -- quite a list! I see no reason why ALL these symbols shouldn't be
> added to the LSB at 3.2, though it is possible/probable that some are
> architecture specific.

... assuming they meet the LSB criteria. In addition the the arch-specific
concern you mention (which could be dealt with in arch supplements),

Have you checked the other distros?
Are these interfaces stable?
Are these interfaces best practice?
Do they behave the same on the various distros?
Is upstream willing to support them as standard interfaces?
etc.

--
Matt Taggart        Open Source & Linux Organization R&D
taggart at fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard