[lsb-discuss] [Printing-architecture] Agreement on directory structure for printing

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 10:30:40 PDT 2006

Or should we say that on 64-bit systems with backward compatibility to a
32-bit system there should simply be a ../lib64/.. patch corresponding
to each ../lib/.. path but we do not specify for what the ../lib64/..
path is.

In general if an absolute ../lib/.. path is given in a PPD a 64-bit
system has to use ../lib64/.. instead if needed.

Or can we do away with ../lib64/.. completely and make the driver
supplier responsible for supplying a 64-bit version of their driver
which works on the LSB-compliant 64-bit distros. 64-bit experts: Does
this work without having ../lib64/.. paths in the printer driver
directory structure?

   Till