[lsb-discuss] IJS Spec 1.0?

Fujinaka, Todd todd.fujinaka at intel.com
Wed Aug 16 10:46:10 PDT 2006

The patches would have to be applied by hand because of formatting
issues. I am also confused by the multiple forks of ghostscript and
whether the patch is applied to a CVS version, etc. I haven't used
ProcessColorModel at all and I'm still seeing errors.

I'm kind of thrashing around in the dark here and thought I'd ask people
with more knowledge. Hin-Tak Leung was the one who suggested that I look
at specific bugs and the one who told me that ijs is actually broken in
espgs-8.5.1. What I've found is what I've listed above. ESP GS 8.15.[12]
in SLED10 and FC5 DO NOT WORK with the reference server and die with
segfaults. I don't know enough about ghostscript or the reference ijs to
figure out where the problem lies.

Also, with those distros, I have NOT been able to get HPIJS to work.
This is probably because I'm trying to run gs on the command line and
get an output file. Unfortunately, I do NOT know enough to do more than
spend a lot of time experimenting with command line switches and the
command line I stole from foomatic.

I've haven't gotten very far with my fiddling, with google, and with
emailing the experts.

Any help would be appreciated.
Todd