[lsb-discuss] Printer/driver testing and certification

Dan Kohn dan at dankohn.com
Fri Aug 18 14:33:06 PDT 2006

Hi, I believe I am the new person to whom Mats refers.  I'm Dan Kohn,
the new VP, Business Development for the FSG.

Actually though, Amanda, as Director of Marketing, is responsible for
the branding, and Jim Zemlin has a lot of branding expertise as
well.  But I certainly have been strongly encouraging the FSG to add
branding as a core focus of our organization and that is very much
the direction we're heading.

Rajesh said:
> "All LSB certified printer drivers will work on all LSB certified
> distros"

I just want to emphasize how much I support this.  I would simply it,
though, to: "All LSB Certified printers work on all LSB Certified
distros".

Please be assured that if you (with Ian's help) can develop the
testing infrastructure to make the certification meaningful, we will
do everything possible to get the distros and printing vendors onboard.

            - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan at dankohn.com>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-415-233-1000>