[lsb-discuss] potential lsb-apache FVT problem and /etc/services

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Aug 22 05:34:52 PDT 2006

Without saying anything (in this message) about the
broader topic, let me say about the apache "functional
verification test"... the idea was to write a set
of steps that a tester can follow that gives reasonable
confidence the application installed correctly, in
case of a daemon it is actually running, and performs
enough basic functions we can feel it's not just
totally broken.

In the case of apache, it's easy enough to provide
a different test for whether it's running since
apache itself provides a way to test: "apachectl status".
I'll make sure that works reasonably and update the
docs if Marvin doesn't beat me to it.