[lsb-discuss] How To Contribute Test Cases

Muppana Lalita Prasad prasad_lsb123 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 30 05:16:57 PDT 2006

Hi All,

  I gone through the test assertions for strncmp() API. There I found three files and the files are  L.strncmp_s, L.strncmp_t and T.strncmp

  I am just explainnig what I understood after gone through these files. Please correct me if I am wrong.

  L.strncmp_s

  I think the first line specifies the number of test purposes considered for that API.

  The next three lines are corresponding to each test purpose along with a number which I think specifies the number of characters in the below written strings.

  L.strncmp_t

  Again this file is very similar to the previous one. But what does this line "Posix Ref: Component STRNCMP Assertion 8.1-04(A)" indicate?? I think this line is included for the 3rd line of this file. Again why some blank lines have been provided below.

  T.strncmp

  I have no idea of this file. This file is not a simple ASCII text file. Whether I have to prepare this file or it can be generated by some other means. When I used troff command to change this file to ASCII format, it is pretty clear.

  So please suggest me how to prepare these three files.

  Awaiting for reply.

  Regards,
  Prasad

"Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote:
      Wasn't there a thread on this earlier?

  Can you tell us what you've got tests for, and how you're
  interested in contributing these?

  We have a place to put new tests that are intended for lsb-runtime-tests,
  which is where libc tests would go, and that's a "work-in-progress"
  module.  If things build there we can make standalone test packages
  which people can evaluate.  We'll also need the test assertions that
  the tests were written against, so those can be reviewed - it's far
  easier to evalutate if code correctly implements already-reviewed
  assertions than to just audit the code in a standalone fashion.