[lsb-discuss] LSB face to face and Packaging Summit: Last minute logistical details

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Fri Dec 1 07:31:38 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

The LSB face to face and Packaging Summit is next Monday through Wednesday:

http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_face-to-face_%28December_2006%29

First and foremost, please double check the attendee list. If you're not
planning to be there and ARE listed as an attendee, please let me know;
and, VERY IMPORTANTLY, if you're planning to be there and AREN'T listed
as an attendee, please let me know as soon as possible, as I
need to submit the final list of attendees to SAP for building security.

The agenda is also finalized now. Note that I've moved all of
the higher level "meta topics" to Monday and all of the LSB 3.2 roadmap
topics to Tuesday, since things seem to flow better that way.

PLEASE NOTE: If I've asked you to give a presentation, please send me a
title and abstract for your presentation as soon as possible (or put
them in the wiki yourself), and please send me a copy of your presentation
by the morning you are expected to give it. There will several
people dialing in throughout the meeting, and I want to make sure the
presentations are on the wiki so they can follow along at home.

Speaking of dialing in, we'll have the standard LSB conference line open
for the entire three days:

Toll Free Number: 877-954-0722 (United States)
Toll Number: 203-566-1295 (International)
Participant passcode available on request

(The participant password is the same as always. If you don't already
know it and want to join, feel free to drop me a note.)

There will very likely be a number of us on the LSB IRC channel (#lsb
on irc.freestandards.org) if you need to reach us (are having trouble
with the passcode etc.).

Other logistical details:

* Directions to the SAP office are (from the wiki): "The SAP
building itself is located at Rosenthaler Str. 30, 10178 Berlin. Global
coordinates are N: 52° 31.559', E: 13° 24.175'. The next underground metro
station is "U Weinmeisterstrasse", which is direct in front of the
SAP building. The next urban rail system station is "S Hackescher Markt".
More informations about public transport services are
available at http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/Bvg/Start (english version)."

* When you arrive, please register with the front desk with your name and
event description, they will be shown the way up to the workshop location;
note that the SAP logo is not on the building exterior.

* Coffee, tea, latte macciato, cookies, and lunch will be provided by SAP.
Vegetarian/kosher meals will be available.

* Evening activities are being planned. More details to come here.

Many, many thanks to Falko, Andreas, and SAP for hosting the meeting,
making the logistical arrangements, scrambling to find a bigger room
for us, providing coffee and lunch, arranging evening activities for
us, and everything else they've done to help put the meeting together!

Look forward to seeing you all next week!

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590