[lsb-discuss] Easier access to the LSB developer network

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Tue Dec 12 06:50:43 PST 2006

On 12/12/06, Jiri Dluhos <jdluhos at suse.cz> wrote:
> I think the LSB developer network site would deserve a special network name
> for itself - what about www.lsb-developer.org? It would make it easier to
> reach from outside...

It's already available as developer.freestandards.org. In
any case, the key issue to making the Developer Network more useful
isn't so much that it's hard to find, it's that the first steps
to targeting the LSB aren't clear enough in the current incarnation.

We've already had multiple conversations on the FSG side as a result
of the feedback from last week, and we're moving to come up with a
crisper, more concise version of "Why target the LSB?" for ISVs who
may not have even heard of the LSB that conveys the value
proposition clearly and sufficiently and convinces
the developer that it's worth the time to explore further.