[lsb-discuss] Adding statfs interfaces

Scott Baeder baeder at cadence.com
Thu Dec 14 14:02:09 PST 2006

Mats,

> everywhere I look I get a different list - not different
> numbers, but a different set of file system identifiers.

Is there some reason we need the text mapping as part of the
standard (as opposed to just a way to get and use the "number")

> If that covers it, I'll just put the NFS identifier
> in the spec.  Otherwise, I need to know which ones
> need to be supported, and why.

I don't recall the specifics, but as I recall, AFS was also something
we originally had to "program" around.  Not sure that "old memory" is
Nearly enough to warrant putting it in the list...But maybe it's a
networked vs. local file system type thing...

Scott