[lsb-discuss] Adding statfs interfaces

Camp, TracyX E tracyx.e.camp at intel.com
Thu Dec 14 14:19:20 PST 2006

Sadly we don't have a file system attributes interface in linux (NT has
such a thing which can tell you if the file system supports various
optional semantics).  What you really want to know as an application is
'does this file system support locking in a sane fashion'?  A file
system magic value is less than optimal for doing this since every app
needs to have some magic/workrounds table internally.

t.