[lsb-discuss] announcing the new LSB Packaging workgroup

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Wed Dec 20 12:12:53 PST 2006

"Ian Murdock" writes...

> This is just to announce the formation of a new FSG workgroup, LSB
> Packaging, which is being formed as the result of the recent Packaging
> Summit in Berlin
[snip]
> I'll let this simmer a day or so to allow people to join the mailing list,
> then I'll post the first straw man go at an API over on packaging at .

Here is a pointer to the mailing list archive from the previous attempt at
starting an LSB Packaging workgroup in March 2003,

  http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/packaging/

The participants had some good discussions before it died from lack of
ability to actually get anything implemented and adopted.

Hopefully the growth of Linux and 3.5 years of additional pain will be
enough to propel the new Packaging group to success, everyone agrees this
is a problem that needs to be solved.

Is the list of participants starting from scratch or did you just revive
the old list?

--
Matt Taggart        Open Source & Linux Organization R&D
taggart at fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard