[lsb-discuss] ncurses work

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue Jul 4 14:09:31 PDT 2006

Several different groups seem to be starting work on ncurses tests. In
addition to these efforts, there is also an existing test suite for ncurses
developed by  Applied Testing and Technology, Inc.

 http://www.aptest.com/vsu.html

The Free Standards Group has purchased the tests from ApTest, but we're
still waiting on details about how to get the tests and start integrating
and using them. Jim Zemlin is looking into it and should send out details
soon.

For the people who are starting to work on their own tests, you might want
to hold off a bit until we get these tests. Then I think the ideal
situation would be for these groups to work on auditing the new tests and
make sure they work well for the implementaion(s) of ncurses that Linux
distros are using, and maybe enhance them if needed (like for the
wide-character support).

What do you think?

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Open Source & Linux Organization R&D
taggart at fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard