[lsb-discuss] error while testing

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Jul 6 06:16:50 PDT 2006

>>>then I did :chown -R vsx0.vsxg0 /home/tet
>
>That removed the permissions. Its used to be you could just use rpm to
>install the package (on systems that support it) and it did all the
>setup... i've not kept track of the 3.1 changes in detail to know what
>the latest strategy is..

there's been no change to this at all.

the suggestion to do this chown was made by someone
during earlier efforts to debug. it should NOT be
done for a production run, in fact you could say
that part of the conformance test is that a package
installed using the native package manager meets
all the requirements of LSB packaging, including
preserving permissions and ownerships.

An install of lsb_runtime_test here shows 182 files
installed with owner root and 164 files which have
the setuid bit set (not all setuid files are owned
by root, 32 are owned by vsx1 and 3 are owned by vsx2.
Given the permission problems this install has had,
it should be checked that something like this is the
case after installation.

Mats