[lsb-discuss] LSB Bugzilla Migration

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Thu Jul 6 18:03:17 PDT 2006

The LSB Bugzilla (bugs.linuxbase.org) has been migrated from its old
server to the new servers.

You should not notice much of a difference; all data should have
survived the migration, and all of the old capabilities should still be
there.  You may find that you need to log in to the site again.  Of
course, please contact me immediately if this turns out not to be true.

DNS has been updated, but as we all know, updates can take a long time
to propagate.  Thus, as a fallback, the old site is now set to redirect
to the new site under a different name.  As a consequence, be careful
when bookmarking bugs, embedding links to bugs, etc.  If the site name
starts with "newbugs", then you've been redirected because your DNS
cache hasn't expired.

The old site name and layout is not expected to change for the
foreseeable future, so previous bookmarks and links to bugs should
continue to work.