[lsb-discuss] Program interpreter and non-LSB compatibility

Adam Kemp Adam.Kemp at ni.com
Tue Jul 25 15:15:22 PDT 2006

The LSB standards require that applications use "ld-lsb.so.X" for the
program interpreter. I'm concerned about this, because we would like to
use LSB standards but not restrict our customers to LSB-compliant
distributions. Our philosophy has been that we have a given set of
distributions which we officially support, but we try our best to allow
our software to run on other distributions as well. I don't see a way to
allow for that if we change to a different program interpreter.

Can someone explain to me what the reasoning is for this part of the
standard, and whether or not it is possible to allow compatibility with
non-LSB distributions?
--
Adam Kemp
adam.kemp at ni.com