[lsb-discuss] Request for additional interfaces

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jun 14 05:34:26 PDT 2006

Robert:

>Could we please get the following interfaces into the LSB?
>
>Floating point exceptions:
>feenableexcept
>fegetexcept

Yes, these should be in. There's a set of 11 C99 floating
point rounding/exception routines and for some reason that
escapes me three of them are marked "Deferred", I'll try
to see if there's any history behind that (the third one
missing is fedisableexcept).

>X multibyte character interfaces:
>Xutf8DrawString
>Xutf8TextExtents
>Xutf8TextEscapement

I'll put them on the list and start researching.

>Also need the name resolution library:
>libresolve

Please help us understand why.  We've never been
approached with applications that actually needed
these routines so it hasn't been included to date.