[lsb-discuss] New Version Control Migration Trial

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Thu Jun 15 10:00:28 PDT 2006

After some discussion on IRC, and some helpful feedback from Mats, a few
changes have already been made.

First, the look of the pages isn't quite as nice as it could be; in
particular, the "[Log] [Inventory] [Repository] [RSS]" links under the
name make the rows in the table double-tall and more difficult to
browse.  Other look-and-feel suggestions are welcome; I will be looking
into making those changes in this trial.

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:32 -0400, Jeff Licquia wrote:
>  - Further rearrangements of the layout and further splits may be
> needed.  Please make suggestions to me; the new splits will happen in
> the next trial.

We've now normalized the names for some of the split projects,
specifically the old "tests" module.  All splits from that have been
renamed to either have "-test" or "-harness" (the latter for qmtest and
tet) in them.  This makes it more clear what those are.

>  - It's not appropriate to categorize all of LSB CVS as "released" for
> 3.1; some examples of unreleased stuff include xts5.  These should be
> moved to the devel tree.  If you notice anything else that shouldn't
> have the "3.1" label, please let me know.

First, it was pointed out that xts5 is released for 3.1, just as
optional, so that was a bad example.

Second, several better examples have been identified, and have already
been moved.

The remaining projects in 3.1 will be branched into devel once we're
ready to do that.