[lsb-discuss] X11 libraries requested for future LSB spec

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Jun 19 07:10:53 PDT 2006

>Also, please consider libXext at a level that has XShape v1.1
>to include ShapeInput.
>
>http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_Summit#Accessibility

That request is already referenced on the page I pointed to.

We don't currently say anything about the version, which
is an interesting point.  Most of these "libraries" are
actually relatively thin wrappers around extension modules
in the Xserver, and have version query functions. The
older model was to put the extensions into libXext but
the newer scheme is to make each a separate library.
So we need to make sure we're clear if there are any
other version dependencies.