[lsb-discuss] [Accessibility] X11 libraries requested for future LSB spec

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Jun 19 14:40:04 PDT 2006

Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> [ Alan Coopersmith ]
>> Why would applications want to use it?
>
> I unterstood your wording to mean that the X.Org developers object to all
> parts of XKB, not only to libxkbfile. But XKB is important for accessibility.

Correct, and the public, stable, standard, official, blessed XKB API is in
libX11.   The other XKB libraries are what I was specifically objecting to.

(Believe me, I have spent enough years working with the Sun & GNOME
  accessibility folks to know exactly how important XKB is, and fully
  support use of the XKB extension API's in libX11 to meet those needs.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com