[lsb-discuss] bzr commit access (was Re: New Version Control Migration Trial)

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Tue Jun 20 13:31:13 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 15:11 -0400, Jeff Licquia wrote:
>  - We need to decouple shell access from PQM merge access, via either an
> authenticated web page, or via PGP-signed E-mail.

This has been done.  When you browse the bzr repositories, there's now a
new link called "merge" at the top.  This will take you to a page where
you can enter the required merge information.

Right now, it's not authenticated at all, but auth should be easy to
add, either via HTTP auth or hooking into the MediaWiki auth system.  I
don't know how to do the latter, or if it's secure enough, but since
we're blowing away pqm commits now anyway, this should serve as a good
test.

>  - Right now, PQM runs as me, so all toplevel commits will look like
> they came from me.  As gratifying as it might be to my ego to look like
> the only person doing any work here... well, I imagine the rest of you
> would like some credit. :-)  The commits from the branch's history are
> preserved, but the toplevel commits should have a generic name attached
> to them.

I have figured out how to override the author setting just for PQM.  It
still has my email address attached to it, but that's temporary, for
debugging purposes; it can be changed for real later.