[lsb-discuss] GNOME certification

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Wed Jun 21 12:12:24 PDT 2006

Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 à 22:57 +0530, Pradosh Adoni a écrit :
> looks like there has been some thought given to GNOME certification.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeCertification
> http://blogs.gnome.org/view/bolsh/2006/06/20/1
>
>  I'm not sure what the status of these ideas are, but probably a good idea
> to hook up with the GNOME guys on this some time

We're trying to work on the GNOME certification to make it ready ASAP
(which can be hard since we're all busy ;-)).

Basically, the goal of the GNOME certification is to make it possible
for ISD and ISV to make it clear that their applications work fine in
GNOME. This implies several things: some of them are technical (use
gnome-vfs to access files, use gnome-keyring to store sensitive data on
disk, etc.) and some of them are really high-level (HIG-compliant
interface, internationalization of the app, etc.).

There's some overlap with LSB (although I'm not very familiar with LSB)
and there's some work for us to do there, but there are also items that
probably can't live in LSB since they're really GNOME-specific.

Feel free to hook up with us ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.