[lsb-discuss] Help regarding implementation of test cases for libncurses.

Andrew Josey ajosey at rdg.opengroup.org
Sun Jun 25 22:31:24 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 10:09 +0530, Nayyar Azam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Right now I am using the TET/VSXgen framework to develop the test
> cases. But in the case of libncurses should I design a new framework
> or I can use the current TET/VSXgen framework and can use the VT100
> emlator to implemement these test cases?? And if some one has got an
> idea of a new framework , then please elaborate how to proceed in
> this.    Nayyar

Using the TET/VSXgen framework makes sense if the tests you are writing
are designed as a module to fit in with other TET/VSXgen modules
(vsx-pcts1990, lsb-os, lsb-fhs. lsb-pam, lsb-usrgroups). So yes if you
want your tests to merge with lsb-runtime then its  a reasonable
approach.
The initd tests in work-in-progress (wip) are another example of a test
module for use with TET/VSXgen
http://cvs.gforge.freestandards.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tests/lsb-runtime-test/wip/initd/?cvsroot=lsb

If you want to do your own framework then thats fine, the main
requirement is to produce a results journal using the TET format so it
can be parsed by other tools
regards
Andrew