[lsb-discuss] FINAL Version Control Migration

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Mon Jun 26 10:04:01 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 05:14 -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> the current behavior of the web display is that when you click
> on a project, instead of descending into the project you get a
> changelog for it.  Then on that page you have to hunt around
> and find the Inventory button.  Since I've used web views into
> a variety of other VC implementations, I find that choice
> less than optimal - by far the default operation for me when
> using the web view to access is I want to browse down into the
> project, not see a log of it. Thus, I think clicking on the
> "directory name" should default to showing the inventory, not
> showing the log.

That shouldn't be too hard to change.  Votes?  Do we all prefer it one
way or the other?

FWIW, the web front ends for all the "new" VC systems, including gitweb,
hgweb, viewmtn (monotone), darcsweb, and bzr-webserve, seem to default
to the log, while the "old" systems (cvsweb, svn, etc.) seem to default
to the inventory.