[lsb-discuss] regarding ncurses test cases

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue Jun 27 11:46:02 PDT 2006

Andrew Josey writes...

> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 18:38 +0530, Nayyar Azam wrote:
> > Is xterm a better option for use as an emulator (for implemmenting
> > test cases for libncurses)or vt100, is a good one. Moreover how these
> > test cases should proceed? Is there any good logic to proceed as here
> > I need to draw the whole textual graphics in one window.. and then to
> > verify the drawn one..!!! . I have chosen one approach but I need more
> > options.
>
> You want also check what the ISPRAS team are doing (linuxtesting.org) .
> I think they have some tests in this area already...

At one point there was a list of tests that that could be purchased (either
transfer of copyright, or at least put under a suitable license) for things
the LSB test suite was lacking coverage. ncurses was one of the things on
the list and IIRC the amount was $10k USD, but I don't know who the
supplier is. The FSG has funds earmarked for purchasing those tests, but I
don't know what happened to it.

Anyone know?

--
Matt Taggart        Open Source & Linux Organization R&D
taggart at fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard