[lsb-discuss] X interfaces question

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Nov 2 08:38:02 PST 2006

Ar Iau, 2006-11-02 am 08:21 -0800, ysgrifennodd Alan Coopersmith:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > The LSB doesn't really exist to go around standardising third party
> > non-free products (be that oracle or motif), so perhaps the OpenGroup
> > would either free up Motif properly or set their own standard.
>
> Motif is part of the Open Group's Unix 98 Workstation standard.
> http://www.unix.org/version2/u98sa.html

I was referring to the implementation in this case. As far as I know
there is no free implementation of Motif. Lesstif is far from a full
implementation and those who have tried big apps with lesstif have
generally reported badly upon it.

Unix98 doesn't address the ABI spec that I can see, correct me if I am
wrong however and it is covered indirectly or elsewhere.

Alan