[lsb-discuss] Where is LSB bugzilla?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Nov 2 09:38:24 PST 2006

>On 10/31/06, Jiri Dluhos <jdluhos at suse.cz> wrote:
>> where is the LSB bugzilla now? The link at LSB workgroup Wiki
>> (http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_Wiki) points to
>bugzilla.linuxbase.org.
>> I doubt this is the correct bugzilla because linuxbase is no
>more the place
>> for LSB development. There is also a bugzilla at
>freestandards.org, but it
>> does not accept my login.
>>
>> So... which one? Or is there any other? And, most
>importantly, is it in use
>> anymore? I had a feeling it is somehow quiet before...
>
>bugzilla.linuxbase.org is still the LSB bugzilla. Apparently, we
>have a second bugzilla at bugzilla.freestandards.org, though I'm
>not sure why. Personally, I think we should merge the
>LSB bugzilla into the FSG bugzilla, unless there's
>some reason for not doing that that I'm not aware of.

bugs.fs.o is the freestandards bugzilla, at the moment it
mainly hosts the FHS discussion.

I'd really rather not mix non-core LSB issues into
bugs.linuxbase.org, it's hard enough to manage the buglist
already.  Multiple instances shouldn't be a problem;
never bugzillas than we are running can have one
instance of the software connect to multiple bug
databases.  If you want to play with the naming of
the "alternate" bug database(s) I don't care.

>Jeff/Lawrence: Thoughts? Are either or both of these bugzillas
>tied into the FSG single sign on?

No.  Bugzilla does not smoothly support ldap
authentication.