[lsb-discuss] lsb version and the specdb ModCmd and ModLibtables

Dirk Hohndel dirk.hohndel at intel.com
Fri Nov 3 10:02:35 PST 2006

On 11/3/06 9:26 AM, "Banginwar, Rajesh" <rajesh.banginwar at intel.com> wrote:
>> So I would like to step back with the existing versioning
>> proposals for the
>> time being. Please keep your solution for your current needs
>> (as if this
>> discussion did not happen). I hope to be back some day later after we
>> investigate the topic in detail globally for the entire DB.
> If we really plan on having this done for LSB 3.2 (May 2007), we should
> put some timeline for this to happen. Say, something like the DB schema
> can not be changed after LSB f/f or we at least have a final proposal by
> then.

I think this is something we definitely should tackle for 3.2 (so that we
have the kinks figured out and can have a solid solution for 4.0). Delaying
the issue only seems to make it harder to solve.

Ian, do you have a time line in mind?



More information about the lsb-discuss mailing list