[lsb-discuss] New appchk ready for evaluation

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Nov 3 12:25:03 PST 2006

>On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 09:38 -0800, Banginwar, Rajesh wrote:
>> I think we should release this binary as non-lsb. That way
>user can run
>> it on any platform without worrying about the right runtime
>loader being
>> there... Few times, I have had to tell them about creating a
>soft link
>> as the platform was not lsb compliant.
>
>Yes, we can do that.  For this beta, I wished to avoid embedded
>dependencies on something in Debian etch that would prevent
>someone from
>running it, and I figured most people here would know how to get their
>Linux distribution LSB-compliant.

it was always the plan for appchk and the build
environment to not require an LSB environment to
install.  libchk and the other platform tests
are a little different, there the presumption is
that we want to test a system that's already
trying to be LSB conforming and so shouldn't have
much trouble with the ld-lsb linker name.