[lsb-discuss] Testing / Certifying a filesystem?

Andrew Josey ajosey at rdg.opengroup.org
Tue Nov 7 06:07:46 PST 2006

As Mat's says, you would want to make the filesystem that the tests use
for testing out of space conditions to be the same as that you want to
test. Also you would only want to select a subset of the main test
scenario and exclude non filesystem related tests.
You'd probably find you get sufficient test coverage from just the
following test sections.
ANSI.os/streamio, POSIX.os/files , POSIX.os/ioprim, LSB.os/files,
LSB.os/aio/, LSB.os/genuts, LSB.os/ioprim

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 05:52 -0800, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> >Are there any guidelines for testing / certifying a third party
> >filesystem against a Linux distribution?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.
>
> >As a starting point the Platform Tests could be installed and the
> >Runtime Test Suite executed with the target filesystem mounted on
> >TESTROOT.
>
> If you do this, there are a few things to consider - I hope
> Andrew Josey will weigh in as the true expert in this area.

regards
Andrew