[lsb-discuss] what type is wchar_t on LSB architectures?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Nov 8 15:21:23 PST 2006

we've got a bugreport that points out that
wchar_t is the wrong type on ia32, as detected
by the compiler complaining when an array of
type wchar_t is initialized with data using the
unicode format L"foo".  LSB typedefs it as an
'int' but it appears to actually be a 'long' for
Linux ia32.  On x86_64 it appears to actually be
an 'int', and certainly remains 32 bits.  Is
there a quick way I can find out what type it
is on the other five LSB archictures and get
the various pieces fixed up? Is it "long" on the
other ILP32 architectures (ppc32 and s390)?