[lsb-discuss] LSB fonts

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:19:47 PST 2006

> Something along the lines of the set of fonts necissary to render UTF-8
> text...  The X11 fonts in the xorg distribution should be freely
> available as well as the freefont fonts.
>
> Thoughts?

Totally Agreed. Today distro might ship with poor fonts or without
proper Unicode support.
We must build a test suite to solve that.

But I dunno if the test suite can test the fonts presence only, or do
real graphical test - i.e. render to bitmap, then test pixel-by-pixel
for accuracy.
I would prefer to see real graphical rendering test.

Fonts may be present but be buggy.
Good example of buggy fonts are hebrew fonts on OpenOffice on SUSE Linux 10.0.

-Fenix*NBK*