[lsb-discuss] LSB fonts

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Nov 21 11:59:42 PST 2006

>We should be cautious when relying on distro-provided stuff for our
>testing, based on our experiences with distro-provided Xvfb.
>
>I would feel more comfortable shipping fonts as part of the
>tests, since we then have much tighter control of the input
>to those tests.

Agree. As long as these elements are not part of the LSB,
the test environment needs to be self-contained.  We
also ship some special test locales that are used by some
of the lsb-runtime-test stuff.  And we've also had problems
with some of the locale requirements of the c++ test, which
isn't self-contained.

Making sure required fonts, locales and other such elements
(should those go into the spec), are conforming is a
different testing exercise.