[lsb-discuss] Lesstif and libXt.a

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 22 06:20:24 PST 2006

I looked in the list archives before posting here, but didn't go too
many years back.

First question:  Is this list for discussing porting apps to LSB, or
just for discussing LSB itself?  If only the latter, skip the next
question and tell me where I _can_ get help on app porting.

Second question:  Is there a Lesstif LSB port available?  Patches
available in order to do my own porting?

I've been trying to port an open-source Motif application to LSB but
ran into trouble getting Lesstif to be LSB compliant.  Lesstif used
private interfaces in libXt which aren't of course in the LSB spec.

I don't have a libXt.a in my /opt/lsb/lib directory so I can't
statically link to the library.  Statically linking to the OS'es
libXt.a gets Lesstif compiled, but then I run into symbols being
sized differently when I try to link it to my application or even to
a "HelloWorld" Motif program.  I think I could get out of this mess
if I had /opt/lsb/lib/libXt.a available to me.

I'm currently using LSB-3.0 on SuSE 10.0 and using the lsbcc method.
Is there a better way to attempt to get Lesstif compiled?