[lsb-discuss] Lesstif and libXt.a

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 22 07:10:15 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Is there _any_ solution?  I really just want to port this
> application, to make it easier for the users to download it and run.
> I don't wish to get into fixing Lesstif and LSB just to port my app.

My current thoughts after trying lots of other things are that I
might:

*) Find or build libXt.a which matches the LSB libXt.so.  Statically
link Lesstif to it.  Statically link my application to Lesstif or
provide it with my app as a shared library.

*) Change the Lesstif private interfaces to public interfaces.  May
or may not be possible, or may be possible _enough_ to support my
application only.

*) Switch to OpenMotif and start over to see what NEW problems I
might uncover.

Are there other options?