[lsb-discuss] Lesstif and libXt.a

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 22 07:26:09 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> We have a build setup that produces static libXmu and libXaw
> for these kinds of build exercises, it wouldn't be hard to add
> libXt to that.

If you can tell me where to get the build stuff I can do this for
myself.  Would I get it from CVS (and if so, which module?) or from
here:

http://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/lsbdev/released-3.0.0/source/

And again, which file.

> >*) Switch to OpenMotif and start over to see what NEW problems I
> >might uncover.
>
> They will probably be quite similar, plus dependencies on
> additional non-LSB libraries - XPrint was one, as I recall.

I don't have a problem with additional non-LSB libraries...  I can
add them to the build for my application.  It's the Motif stuff I
can't get around at this point and has completely halted my
application porting process.

If I can get the below to work with LSB-OpenMotif or LSB-Lesstif,
I'll be on my way again with porting my application.  You'll see
that the sample application ain't much!

-----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/lsb/bin
export LSBCC_WARN=1
#export LSBCC_SHAREDLIBS=libXm.so

#gcc -g helloworld.c -o helloworld -I/usr/include -I \
    /usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXm -lXt \
    -lICE -lSM -lX11

lsbcc -g helloworld.c -o helloworld -I/opt/lsb/include \
    -L/opt/lsb/lib -lXm -lXt -lICE -lSM -lX11
-----------------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <Xm/Xm.h>
#include <Xm/PushB.h>

void pushedButton (Widget w, XtPointer client_data, XmPushButtonCallbackStruct *cbs) {
    printf("Hello to you too!\n");
}

main(int argc, char **argv) {
    Widget topWidget, button;
    XtAppContext  app;

    topWidget = XtVaAppInitialize (&app, "Push", NULL, 0, &argc, argv, NULL, NULL);
    button = XmCreatePushButton(topWidget, "Hello World! Push me!", NULL, 0);
    XtManageChild(button);
    XtAddCallback(button, XmNactivateCallback, (XtCallbackProc)pushedButton, NULL);
    XtRealizeWidget(topWidget);
    XtAppMainLoop(app);
}