[lsb-discuss] Lesstif and libXt.a

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 23 08:51:14 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Is there _any_ solution?  I really just want to port this
> application, to make it easier for the users to download it and run.
> I don't wish to get into fixing Lesstif and LSB just to port my app.

For what it's worth, Mats helped get a libXt.a library for compiling
Lesstif, then I compiled my application with libXt.a and the newly
generated libXm.a.  Initially this all appeared to work (the
application runs instead of segfaulting), but today I have a few
doubts.

libXt.a and libXm.a should be compiled statically into my
executable, and in fact my executable is about double the size it
normally is, so that looks about right.

lsbappchk however returns a BUNCH of lines (257) like this:

  Symbol XFillRectangle used, but not part of LSB_Core
  Symbol XDisplayName used, but not part of LSB_Core
  Symbol SmcClientID used, but not part of LSB_Core
  Symbol XSetStipple used, but not part of LSB_Core
  Symbol XUngrabKeyboard used, but not part of LSB_Core
  Symbol XCheckIfEvent used, but not part of LSB_Core

Does that mean my application is still linking against some external
libraries that are not part of LSB, or can these warnings be safely
ignored in this case?

I'm using LSB-3.0 on OpenSuSE 10.0.

Doing an "nm -A" across my /usr/X11R6/lib and /opt/lsb/lib
directories it looks like XFillRectangle is supplied by libX11.so.
Now I'm just confused...

Perhaps the libXt.a that was generated doesn't match my old LSB-3.0
libraries?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer