[lsb-discuss] Lesstif and libXt.a

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Nov 23 10:13:25 PST 2006

>lsbappchk however returns a BUNCH of lines (257) like this:
>
>  Symbol XFillRectangle used, but not part of LSB_Core
>  Symbol XDisplayName used, but not part of LSB_Core
>  Symbol SmcClientID used, but not part of LSB_Core
>  Symbol XSetStipple used, but not part of LSB_Core
>  Symbol XUngrabKeyboard used, but not part of LSB_Core
>  Symbol XCheckIfEvent used, but not part of LSB_Core
>
>Does that mean my application is still linking against some external
>libraries that are not part of LSB, or can these warnings be safely
>ignored in this case?
>
>I'm using LSB-3.0 on OpenSuSE 10.0.
>
>Doing an "nm -A" across my /usr/X11R6/lib and /opt/lsb/lib
>directories it looks like XFillRectangle is supplied by libX11.so.
>Now I'm just confused...
>
>Perhaps the libXt.a that was generated doesn't match my old LSB-3.0
>libraries?

Fortunately, this does not actually indicate a problem (at
least the snippet that's included). I forgot you were using
LSB 3.0 tools at first; lsbappchk has to be told if your usage
is beyond the default lsb-core, which it is - all the X11
libraries are in the lsb-graphics module. All of the above
symbols are indeed part of the LSB, and the error message is
actually accurate. Doing "lsbappchk -A" should take care of
it (-A should enable "all" modules). This scheme has changed
for LSB 3.1, and you won't need any extra options to appchk
there, except if you're using the optional Qt4 module.
("man lsbappchk" should have info on this)

You may still find a few symbols that are a problem; I believe
I recall Xt and/or lesstif using some non-LSB symbols. In
particular, you may see _XRead, _XEatData and friends.  But
most of your error list should go away.

-- mats