[lsb-discuss] lsbappchk c++ ?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Nov 24 14:12:19 PST 2006

>But, lsbappchk reports:
>
>lsbappchk 3.0.3-1 for LSB Specification 3.0.3
>Checking binary foo
>Symbol __cxa_guard_acquire used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __cxa_end_catch used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __cxa_guard_abort used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __cxa_allocate_exception used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __cxa_guard_release used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __cxa_begin_catch used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol _Znaj used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol _Znwj used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol _ZdaPv used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __cxa_throw used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol __gxx_personality_v0 used, but not part of LSB_Core
>Symbol _ZdlPv used, but not part of LSB_Core
>
>It seems as if lsbappchk doesn't know anything about C++... true?
>
>Btw- I've also tried lspappchk on the lsb-celestia battery, and it
>reports similar problems.

The 3.0 series appchk releases require to be told about modules
beyond the core module.  You can either specify them individually
with -M modulename (the C++ module name is LSB_Cpp) or just say
"include all modules" by using the -A flag.

The defaults have changed for LSB 3.1, by the way, so
you won't need the flags there or in the future, you'll
only need the module flag for /optional/ modules.