[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, October 10, 11am ET)

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Tue Oct 10 07:05:39 PDT 2006

Dial in details are unchanged:
Toll Free Number: 877-954-0722 (United States)
Toll Number: 203-566-1295 (International)
Participant passcode available on request

(The participant password is the same as before. If you don't already
know it and want to join, feel free to drop me a note.)

Agenda (probably won't get to all this):

* Face to face meeting date finalization (current proposal: week of
Dec. 5, 2006--will announce date today)

* Update on the waiver reduction work, application testkit (appchk)
enhancements discussed previously

* LSB 3.1 update: status, timing

* Support for applications that require less than the full LSB:

"In LSB 3.1, compliant applications depend on a single metapackage called
'lsb', so an LSB compliant runtime should provide that metapackage and
provide all the required components when it gets installed. In LSB 3.2,
we'll allow applications to only depend on the subset of the LSB they
require (e.g., lsb-core). It's an open question whether or not we should
retroactively add this to LSB 3.1. (I'd welcome any discussion here.)"

* How to support RHEL 3 and LSB 3 in a single build (RHEL 3 is a
common ISV target that is not LSB 3 compliant)

* Who's working on Perl and Python for LSB 3.2?

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590