[lsb-discuss] Possible license issue with libchk bug fix

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Wed Oct 11 11:57:18 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 12:46 +0200, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Why aren't you just #including <cxxabi.h> for __cxa_demangle
> declarations, and linking against libsupc++/libstdc++? This is the
> approved end-user interface for C++ demangling.

Out of deference to the double-underscores, which I've generally taken
as shorthand for "don't use this directly".  The lack of formal
documentation for the function didn't make me any less wary.

> The last thing this world needs is another duplication of the demangler
> code.

I agree, but if the current state of documentation is any indication,
it's no wonder people tend to copy it instead of using what's available.

Anyway, will switch, so the license problems shouldn't be an issue.